How to answer the questions?
- Avoid any prejudices – ask your child what he already knows. It’s not only one conversations, it’s part of your relationship with your children that evolves and is dynamic all the time.
- There is no one specific way of talking – that is why not always the answers of other parents will be good for you.
- You can’t prepare for all the questions.
- Your answer must depend on your child’s age and stage of development.
- Not always your child will ask you the question you’re expecting. In the beginning he might try to test you by asking something completely different. Think about what you could answer, listen to your child.
- Remember – your own sexual life is private, you don’t have to answer questions about that even if your child is asking. If you are too opened about it, you may affect your child in a bad way, making him too closed.
- You don’t have to come up with the ideas and answers to the questions on your own. You can also ask for help in your child’s school etc.